Martial arts help instill mental focus in your child, giving them the ability to concentrate on a task and see it through to its conclusion. The discipline that is taught in the dojo in regard to uniforms, customs and techniques often translates into other areas of life, including school and household chores.
Martial arts are all about respect. Punching, kicking, throwing and locking are all secondary to the respect that is shown form the moment you walk into a dojo. Children learn to bow to the masters who came before them, and to their current instructors. They also learn to treat other students as they wish to be treated. Quality martial arts instructors press upon the respect issue regularly and instruct students to practice respect for self, parents, teachers and peers at every opportunity.
A child who is involved in martial arts is generally a child who is confident in themselves. Working through a martial art and the belt ranking system gives a child measurable goals to follow that are realistic to attain. The sense of accomplishment a child feels by mastering a new technique or graduating to a new belt follows them everywhere they go.
* Age apporopriate training builds mental focus
*Empowers children with confidence & self esteem (less likely to be bullied)
* Safe environment, conscientious instructors, & a disciplined training program.
* Young students learn to pay attention & develop an ‘I can’ mind-set
* Training builds all-round fitness, muscle tone, coordination & flexibility.
* Encourages positive health & fitness lifestyle at an early age.